[GNC] Loss one of my file

Stan Brown the_stan_brown at fastmail.fm
Fri Apr 1 10:51:16 EDT 2022

On 2022-03-31 16:05, Adrien Monteleone wrote:
> You can't double-click the file to open it, if that is what you are
> doing. GnuCash will always open the last used file.

That seems to vary by operating system. I don't know about Macs such as
the OP has, but in Windows, double-clicking a file _does_ open that
file. I just now tried it (tested in Windows 7, 8.1, and 10 with GC 2.6.19).

Then, of course, when I opened GC in the usual way (via a shortcut that
did not specify a data file), it opened the same file I had double-clicked.

I have two data files, one that I use 99% of the time and the other,
older, that I open very seldom. I set up a key combination in Windows to
execute the command "GnuCash" followed by the name of my 99% data file.

--
Stan Brown
Tehachapi, CA, USA