[GNC] create desktop icons for GNC 4.9 Flatpak on Ubuntu

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Sat Apr 2 04:53:36 EDT 2022

Op zaterdag 2 april 2022 07:24:52 CEST schreef Jeff:
> Step 1 and 2 work.  The rest does not work.  I still get the no suitable
> backend error.  It has to be a compatibility issue with Flatpak and my
> computer.

And the "no suitable backend" error continues to point at the Dad.desktop file
rather than Dad.gnucash ? As said before, that's very odd and not a flatpak
bug.

Can you repost your desktop file as you currently have it here ?

Also I'm curious to more details on the parts that do work:
- After running step 2, which version of gnucash does start ?
- Did it properly open the correct set of books at startup ?
- If you run the same command but with another of your existing books as
argument, will that properly open that book at startup ?
- In both cases, if you make changes to your books, where do the log files end
up ?

Lastly, you briefly mentioned somewhere it works when you double-click
directly on your gnucash data file (that is Dad.gnucash, instead of
Dad.desktop). If you do that, what version of gnucash gets opened ? Where does
it store its log files if you make changes ?

Regards,

Geert