[GNC] new subaccounts and updating saved reports

George Riner georgeriner at mycogeo.com
Mon Apr 4 12:53:53 EDT 2022

Not knowing anything about the internal workings of Gnucash...

It seems from a UI-perspective, that having a checkbox for "Include
subaccounts of selected accounts" as a report option setting, is pretty
clear and simple.

If I have a report setup for particular accounts that represent some
sort of project or activity ('cost area'), I would not check that box.

If I have a more generalized report that I want to show information for
a broader range or higher level of reporting, I'd check that box and
Gnucash would include current subaccounts to the selected accounts. I
would use this setting for the mostly regular and periodic reporting I
do where I don't want to have to go back in and check that it's missing
an account or two that I added in the past week/month/quarter/year.

:George