[GNC] Some questions about reports

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Wed Apr 6 08:15:12 EDT 2022

I use GnuCash for our (very small) church's accounts and find it works
very well.

However I do have issues with the reports, especially at year end for
auditing.

The auditor wants a report which looks pretty much like the profit and
loss report but with the underlying bank account balances at the bottom.
Is there any simple way to get this?  ... or if getting it all on one
report isn't easy (I'm not going to learn Scheme just to do this!)
then is there a report which will provide the basic bank account
balances, e.g.:-

    Bank account at start of year               xxxx.xx
    Less excess of expenses over income         yyyy.yy

    Bank account at 31st December YYYY          zzzz.zz

Also, is it possible to show -ve amounts in 'accountant' format? I.e.
as a value in brackets  £(1234.56).

Finally, is there a way to get all reports to show all items in the
particular accounts?  It always takes me ages to find the settings for
the accounting period and, as I keep each year separately, all I ever
want to do is show everything that's in the particular set of
accounts.  (I can think of nothing worse than having to change the
reporting dates every time I want to look at last year's accounts
instead of this years)

--
Chris Green