[GNC] Some questions about reports

Michael or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at comcast.net
Wed Apr 6 17:13:19 EDT 2022

> OK, yes, it was what I was thinking of doing - that is simply
> concatenating the two reports (in HTML) with appropriate editing to
> turn them into a single HTML document.  I can do this OK (though I
> don't really like editing raw HTML).
>
> My only question then is what report do I need for the bank balance
> start/end figures?
If you reread my first answer ...

"If I were asked to produce the report (the results) in the format
requested by your accountant I would run those balance sheets and the in
come statement for the dates involved. I would then EXPORT those raw
reports."

That was a generalized answer. After all, an organization might have
more bank accounts that just one checking account. Might also have
savings accounts and/or credit card accounts. Your accountant only asked
you to show THE bank account because your organization probably only has
one, right? The difference between income and expenses (net gain or
loss) does NOT have to match the change in THE bank account, if more
than one, changes to liabilities, acquisition of fixed assets, etc. But
whatever you might need would be on the balance sheet.

And you do NOT have to edit "raw HTML"  You can have the (final)
document in whatever format you want that you have an editor for. You
can copy/past into it (paste, no format) from the HTML file. At least I
have no trouble doing that using the LibreOffice suite. Say I am
preparing the "final" in rtf. I have a document open in that, then I
open the HTML file I want the data from in another window, select what I
want to copy, and then paste (no format) into my document.

When we answer questions here, we have no idea about the level of basic
computer skills of the person asking the question so might give the
wrong level of detail in the advice. Sorry if my assuming you knew you
could change the format like that caused confusion.

Michael D Novack