[GNC] 4,10 Defective Net Worth Line Chart

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 18:17:44 EDT 2022

On Tue, Apr 5, 2022 at 11:34 AM john <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:

> Can you make sure that you have a clean 4.10 install from flathub? All of
> those warnings about stale .go files suggests that you don't.

All the warnings about the source being newer than the compiled .go files
is an artifact of a flatpak issue. Just in case some other folks run into
this, I believe Geert patched the flatpak builder to work around this
problem back in 2019. Some flatpak installations (Ubuntu and derivatives,
maybe?) report weird file modification times. Some (Fedora and
derivatives?) don't.

See https://github.com/flathub/org.gnucash.GnuCash/issues/24

Maybe it will be fixed in a future release of flatpak.

On Wed, Apr 6, 2022 at 8:04 AM David G. Pickett via gnucash-user <
gnucash-user at gnucash.org> wrote:
> I suppose there is a way for flatpak to remove it and reinstall it.

If you need to reinstall gnucash, you can use the --reinstall flag, which
will remove and replace it with the latest downloaded version:

  $ flatpak install --reinstall org.gnucash.GnuCash

but I confirmed -- reinstalling does NOT eliminate the "source newer than
compiled" errors (at least not on Ubuntu 21.10).