[GNC] How to enter a specific lof for stock

john jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Apr 9 11:39:21 EDT 2022

Then GnuCash is doing exactly what you told it to. Your automatic decimal point setting means that unless you supply a decimal point one is inserted for you: 100 becomes 1,00 and 1 becomes 0,01.   You've told GnuCash that the stock doesn't have fractions, so fractional amounts are rounded using what's colloquially called Banker's Rounding, where 0,5 is rounded to the nearest *even* integer, so .50 or less is rounded to 0, 1,50 or more to 2. Entering 23840 is turned into 238,40 and rounded to 238.  Note that GnuCash ignores thousands separators so even if you enter 23.840 it will still be turned into 238,40.

Regards,
John Ralls