[GNC] Reconciliation discrepancies

davidcousens49 at gmail.com davidcousens49 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 23:30:03 EDT 2022

Rich

Have been using GnuCash for a similar period of time and have not noticed any
reconciliation problems (other than those reported as bugs on the list - any
that are are generally fixed pretty quickly) up to v4.9, particulaarly in recent
versions.  Haven't yet done a reconciliation with 4.10.

Anytime I have had a problem it has usually been a transposition, date errors
and or missing transaction from the reconciliation period and different ordering
in GnuCash and in the banks record leading to me missing a transaction.
Scheduled transactions if you have them might have different values from the
bank's as might interest calculations if you calculate them yourself. I have had
problems where the bank has a completely different order from my own entries and
even the imported OFX entries because of clearance requirements for entry into
the statement at the bank end.

Have you tried checking the bank's balance by importing their opening and
closing balances and transactions into a spread sheet and summing them?
Unfortunately most pdfs will not import tables cleanly into most spreadsheets
but I have resorted to entering the numbers by hand (individually cut and paste)
to check. Only once have I discovered a bank error and they were most
apologetic.

David Cousens