[GNC] New to GnuCash SQLite on Windows: I have questions

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Thu Apr 21 08:36:36 EDT 2022

On Thu, April 21, 2022 8:11 am, Chris Green wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 21, 2022 at 08:07:03AM -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
>> GnuCash deletes the LNK files when it shuts down cleanly.  If they still
>> exist, that means either GnuCash is running with those files open, or
>> GnuCash was NOT shut down cleanly when they had those files open.  In
>> the
>> latter case, either you used the [x] to close it, or shut down the
>
> You mean I'm not supposed to use th X (top right in window) when I
> close down GnuCash!  Every other program I have ever used shuts down
> cleanly when one does this!

That very much depends on the OS and Window Manager.  Sometimes it does,
but sometimes it forcibly quits the application and doesn't allow it to
shut down cleanly.  Is it really that hard to File -> Quit (or Cntl-Q)
instead of using the [x]?

Have you never noticed the "File is already in use" messages?

> Chris Green

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745