[GNC] New to GnuCash SQLite on Windows: I have questions

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Thu Apr 21 12:54:11 EDT 2022

Op donderdag 21 april 2022 16:36:36 CEST schreef Bert Riding:
> On Thu, 21 Apr 2022 08:45:20 +0100
>
> Chris Green <cl at isbd.net> wrote:

> > > Be careful to switch back to the "primary" file after doing that,
> > > otherwise the primary will become the snapshot and new work will go
> > > into the new file.
> >
> > But that's the ultimate aim! :-
> >
> > Instead of having the long, clumsy, "gnucash" suffix one wants
> > something tidier like "gc".
> >
> > Remember on Linux the whole filename is always displayed so all those
> > "gnucash" suffixes get a bit wearing after a while.
>
> In my experience gnucash doesn't care what your data file is called,
> with or without any suffix you care to use.  Personally I use none.
> Once you have opened the file and gnucash knows of it, it will show up
> in the recents list automatically.

True. GnuCash doesn't care. However operating system file managers in general do care.
They use the extension to figure out which application to launch when you double-click a file.
But if you don't use that feature (and many don't with GnuCash as it remembers which file
you last opened) you're ok without file extension.

Regards,

Geert