[GNC] New to GnuCash SQLite on Windows: I have questions

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 13:56:07 EDT 2022

Somewhere I lost track of the reasoning to save a file under a filename
without an extension.  Since there has never been a standard method to
assign an extended attribute for filetype that, unlike file extensions, is
consistent over all common file storage formats, in my opinion it would
still be very confusing if there were no extensions.  As for depending on
the name of the folder for that type of information, I just discovered that
a month ago I misfiled a few PDF's in a folder that is not intended to
contain any such files.  I only found them by accident when I was looking
for something else.  Oh, remember OS/2 Warp?

David Carlson