[GNC] Question about transfers

Brad gbewing3-gnu at bewing3.com
Fri Apr 22 17:37:56 EDT 2022

Hello,
I am new to GnuCash and to this list.  I am a long, long time Quicken
user who has finally gotten fed up with Quicken and I am in the midst
of converting to GnuCash.

My question is regarding transfer of funds from one account to
another.  I want to transfer funds from one account to another, but I
also want to track the transfer amount against an expense account so I
can keep track separately of how much I have transferred for different
reasons.

Anyone have any ideas?  I'm guessing it involves a split transaction
of some sort, but I can't figure out what the pieces of the split look
like.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Brad