[GNC] Tip of the day - dates

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 23 13:30:47 EDT 2022

I don't know what the tip currently says. The full information is placed in https://cvs.gnucash.org/docs/C/gnucash-guide/txns-shortcuts1.html. Honestly, I think tips are meant to suggest possibilities, rather than give exhaustive guidance. But that is just my opinion.

I believe there's a place on the project git for managing the tips. You could suggest a change there.

As for the implementation of the shortcuts, you'd have to change the code for that, I assume. I'd also assume it could be a minor change. I'll note that the increment functions behave the way you're describing (i.e., repeatedly invoking them keeps the dates changing). Changing this behavior would of necessity change how they are described as well.

David T.