[GNC] gnucash-user Digest, Vol 229, Issue 39

Chris Skudder cskudder at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 23 15:58:59 EDT 2022

   Ken,
   You can hold other "commodities" (in addition to currencies) in
   INVESTMENT acct's - which are asset accounts, rather than equity accts.
   I think the contribution of an asset like stamps, bitcoin, etc would be
   recorded with an "opening balance" entry which credits the equity
   account, balancing with a debit (increase) to the investment asset
   account.
   Chris

   Message: 1