[GNC] Shutdown using the "X" in windows 11

Fred Bone Fred at mandfb.me.uk
Mon Apr 25 06:07:23 EDT 2022

On 24 April 2022 at 23:18, Gyle McCollam said:

> Using Windows 11 and GnuCash 4.10
>
> Also had this issue in an older version.  Clicked on the "X" to shut down
> and had not saved first.  In the dialogue I clicked on Cancel, but it
> still shutdown.  I expected "Cancel" to cancel the operation (shutdown),
> am I wrong.  What operation is it canceling?  All 3 options have the same
> result,  They all close the program without saving

I'm running 2.6.21 (on Windows10).

Clicking the X, or File->Quit, both produce a dialog offering a choice of

close-without-save, cancel, or save-and-close.

"Cancel" does what I expect: cancels the close operation and returns to
the same state as if I hadn't done File-Quit.

> and upon restart, I got
> the message that "GnuCash could not obtain the lock for
> C:\Users\*****\OneDrive\Documents\GNUCash\**.gnucash."

The filename suggests you are keeping the file "in the cloud", and if so
this (failure to delete the lock file) seems to be expected behaviour,
regardless of Windows or Gnucash version.