[GNC] How to manage multiple accounts (as in separate gnucash databases)?

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Wed Apr 27 07:14:52 EDT 2022

On Wed, Apr 27, 2022 at 07:11:58PM +1000, davidcousens49 at gmail.com wrote:
> Chris,
>
> If you start multiple programs from the directory a set of bash scripts which
> change to the appropriate directory and run the set of programs for each set of
> books you work on  might be useful. You could launch the scipts from either the
> Ubuntu menu or from desktop launchers.

Yes, I do have quite a few 'wrapper' bash scripts (and functions) to
handle this sort of thing.  I don't want to have a different script
for each year's accounts though.  I have a prototype script for
GnuCash now that I run when I'm in the appropriate directory to open
the GnuCash file there.  It's still a bit 'messy' with all the log
files that GnuCash leaves there, I'm working on that as well! :-)

--
Chris Green