[GNC] How to manage multiple accounts (as in separate gnucash? databases)?

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Wed Apr 27 08:10:33 EDT 2022

There is a MacOS / MS-Windows -centric concept of organizing a user's file
space by file *types* (I don't know for sure if Steve Jobs or some brainiac at
M$ came up with this notion). So most (all?) GUI desktops initialize a user's
file space with a set of "folders": Documents, Pictures, Movies, Music,
Downloads, and a few others and the various desktop apps default to storing /
finding files in one of these folders. Some of us (old school UNIX users?)
find this file space organization silly / strange / counter-useful.

Instead we have top-level directories ("folder" is a strange term) that
represent specific jobs or projects or something like that and then gather all
of the various *different* files that relate to that job, project, etc.
togther.  So instead of the documents living under Documents and the pictures
living under Pictures, etc. the documents (eg letters) and pictures, and so on
for a partitular job, project, or whatever, would all be collected together in
a directory for the job, project, or whatever.

--
Robert Heller             -- Cell: 413-658-7953 GV: 978-633-5364