[GNC] How to manage multiple accounts (as in separate gnucash databases)?

Michael Hendry hendry.michael at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 05:41:01 EDT 2022

In the process of examining a bug in the MRU a couple of years ago, I asked about adjusting the maximum number of files in the MRU, and was told (by John Ralls?) how to do this on my iMac - I now have 6.

Unfortunately, I can’t trace the correspondence now, and no doubt the configuration of “maxfiles” varies depending on the operating system, but it occurs to me that setting maxfiles to zero might force GC to open without a data file, and help resolve Chris Green’s problem. It would, of course, be necessary to use File=>Open to choose the relevant file.

Regards,

Michael

PS Is there a way to search the list for past threads now that Nabble isn’t working for GC any more?