[GNC] Account setup for reports

Fred Tydeman tydeman.fred at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 14:24:23 EDT 2022

I wrote a REXX program (Perl would also work) to do text processing on a
QIF file, creating a new QIF file.

The Quicken QIF transaction:

^
D1/ 7'16
T75.60
CX
Pdr. miller
Mfjt cleaning
L[fjt-tex-check]/fjt:160107

gets turned into:

^
D1/ 7'16
T75.60
CX
Pdr. miller
Mfjt cleaning
L[fjt-tex-check]
S[fjt-tex-check]
Efjt cleaning
$75.60
S#:fjt:160107
$0

I used it on one Quicken account (with lots of different Classes) and then
imported that into Gnucash
into an existing account.  This is the same set of transactions as was
imported a year ago with an
older version of Gnucash when I first started using Gnucash.  The dummy
splits were added to the
existing transactions.  Also, the  Memo field got imported to the real
split.