[GNC] Confusing and inconsistent headers in transaction entry and report forms

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Tue Aug 2 02:50:16 EDT 2022

I took another look at your initial report screenshot.

It is correct and *not* reversed.

There are some parts of it missing, but you can see them in my
screenshot version.

The main difference otherwise in our two reports is that you've listed
the Donations transaction first and the Checking transaction after. (not
sure how that worked out, because I thought they appear in their order
in the Account Tree, but I guess you have a customized reversed sorting
order in Options > Sorting > Primary Sort Order > Descending. Default is
Ascending)

The first line then, is from the perspective of the Donations account.
In that account, the amount is a credit and that is what the report
shows, with the transfer account being Checking.

The second line is from the perspective of the Checking account, and
that amount is a debit (also correctly shown) with the transfer account
being Donations.

I can't find an option to turn off the Account name. I'm guessing you
copy/pasted the lines or blocked out that part resulting in missing labels.

Look at my screenshot again showing both accounts ,and the extra labels
and info, which should make the report more clear.

Regards,
Adrien