[GNC] Problem Editing Payment - Customer Job

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon Aug 8 11:08:22 EDT 2022

After you re-create the payment, does it show as 'owned by' the Customer
or the Job? (as before)

I'm going to hazard a guess this is due to the following:

In order to match payments, each payment and invoice need a common
'owner'. There can be only one 'owner' of a document. (payment, invoice,
bill) If I recall correctly, the Jobs feature is implemented by
replacing the Customer/Vendor owner with the Job as owner. This still
otherwise works, because a Job is tied 1:1 with a single
Customer/Vendor. (you can't have the same Job associated with multiple
Customers/Vendors)

I'm not sure if this is a bug 'as-code-error' as it is maybe an
oversight to facilitate editing of a payment with a Job assigned due to
design decisions. Certainly, I agree with the expectation that it should
work regardless.

-----
A sidebar here is that a Job can't be assigned to both a Vendor and
Customer. You *can* have two Jobs with the same name one assigned to
each, but they aren't tied together in anyway.
-----

Regards,
Adrien