[GNC] gncJobNextID in gncJob.c not in gncJob.h

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Mon Aug 8 15:54:36 EDT 2022

On Mon, August 8, 2022 3:21 pm, Robert Simmons wrote:
>> Accounting systems primarily perform the same operation on large numbers
> of data elements.
>
> I wish I had time to devote to this. I use graph databases in many of the
> other systems that I develop. This would be a great pivot point on which
> create a new open source project and see which paradigm really is better.
> But really I need to get my data organized and then handed off to an
> accountant (so I can get back to working on my real work).

My GnuCash database, which has data going back to at least 2007, only
contains 26781 transactions, with 59582 splits (at least 2 per
transaction), over a total of 564 "accounts".

Even if you increase by a factor of 10, I doubt you're going to see any
significant performance differences between databases of similar nominal
performance.

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745