[GNC] Incrementing Counters Saga Continues

Robert Simmons rsimmons0 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 18:42:57 EDT 2022

In the theme of "the code is the documentation" I've found a method that is
almost what I need to increment a counter, but it doesn't look fully
implemented.

>From the site-packages directory of the Python bindings directory, running
a grep for "increment" shows one line that is interesting.

gnucash/gnucash_core.py:Book.add_method('qof_book_increment_and_format_counter',
'increment_and_format_counter')

But calling book.increment_and_format_counter() raises an exception. The
relevant function in gnucash_core_c does not exist.

AttributeError: module 'gnucash.gnucash_core_c' has no attribute
'qof_book_increment_and_format_counter'