[GNC] Build From Source Near Impossible

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Tue Aug 9 14:55:51 EDT 2022

I'll add that maybe a note should be made for non-LTS (rather than
provide special instructions) that GnuCash is available to Ubuntu repos
from upstream Debian Testing that is current as of the Ubuntu release
date. (or is that the freeze date?)

So conceivably, since Ubuntu releases every 6 months, and GnuCash issues
point releases every 3, a user on the non-LTS cycle would at most end up
behind 2 GnuCash releases at any one time, but could be current at each
OS upgrade. (though I think the packager is a release behind anyway to
Testing, so maybe make that 1 or 3 GC releases behind respectively -
still not so terrible.)

Regards,
Adrien