[GNC] Build From Source Near Impossible

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Aug 9 16:06:13 EDT 2022

Caveat: Check the dependency requirements in README.dependencies for the GnuCash version you're trying to build against what a particular OS release provides. Pay particular attention to the C++ standard level supported by the compiler, Boost, Cmake, and GLib. You can't build GnuCash 4.x on Ubuntu 14.04 or 16.04 because the compilers in those releases don't support C++17 and that's required for GnuCash 4.x and later.

Regards,
John Ralls