[GNC] Order of accounts, auto numbering transactions.

Stan Brown the_stan_brown at fastmail.fm
Tue Aug 9 18:35:43 EDT 2022

On Tuesday, August 9, 2022 at 11:31 AM UTC -800, Stan Brown wrote:> This
may be different in more recent versions, but I've found that
On 2022-08-09 13:04, Gyle McCollam wrote:
> Stan,
> Just wanted to let you know that you don't even have to type the first
> few letters, any part of the account name will do, GNC will find the
> account name.

Not for me. I have an account called "AP Bank of America Visa", and no
other accounts with "America" in their names. When entering a
transaction, nothing happens if I type America in the account field,
until I press Tab. At that point the popup asks me if I want to create
the account America.

I thought maybe you might have been talking about accounts in the
Accounts tab. But there again, initial characters jump to the account,
but typing America does nothing.

I have GC 2.6.19. Which version do you have?

Stan Brown
Tehachapi, CA, USA
https://BrownMath.com