[GNC] Banks with OFX or CSV account data downloads

davidcousens49 at gmail.com davidcousens49 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 21:53:04 EDT 2022

Tom,
There is another issue with putting up a list of banks known not to supply
OFXQFX or CSV downloads. The banks can up date there procedure and if the
information put up is wrong or becomes wrong, they may take issue with an
independent site posting that information particularly without some disclaimer
given the wide distribution of GNuCash.

The best place to find out what a bank website can or can't do is usually from
their IT department, as they will be aware of such facilities even where teller
staff aren't. My bank in Australia has a general enquiry email to which I have
put this question in the past but asked that it be directed specifically to
their IT staff. I received an email back from the manager in charge of the IT
department who talked to me about my requirements, explained what was available
and how to use it as well as more general discussion of requirements. They still
don't have DirectConnectOFX (this was a security policy issue the IT department
could not bypass) but they did widen the range of export options and have
simplified export.

David Cousens