[GNC] Unit Tests

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Thu Aug 11 08:31:32 EDT 2022

Hi,

This question really belongs on gnucash-devel, not gnucash-user.  So I am
CC'ing that.  Please direct your replies to the -devel list and drop -user
from the CC list!

On Thu, August 11, 2022 7:56 am, Robert Simmons wrote:
> Looking at the code repo I see a directory of unit tests, but it doesn't
> look like it has actual unit tests. Do you all do continuous integration
> somewhere and have unit tests? When a software defect is identified and
> fixed, do you create a unit test based on the fix?

There are some Github Actions in place.  It should be running the "make
check" process.

Depending on the bug, sometimes unit tests can't be written (e.g. if it's
a UI issue).  But in general, for the engine, yes, we try to add a
test-case along with the bugfix.  But there is no hard-and-fast rule.

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745