[GNC] Crash in Trial Balance report

john jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Aug 13 13:44:17 EDT 2022

> On Aug 13, 2022, at 6:12 AM, Fred Tydeman <tydeman.fred at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I am running Linux and GnuCash 4.11
> When I try to do a Trial Balance report, I get a crash.
> Screenshot attached.
> I assume it is due to bad data somewhere,
> but I have no idea where or what it is.
> <Screenshot from 2022-08-13 09-09-47.png>_______________________________________________

The failure is in computing the average cost of some security and I think it's hitting a failed conversion, maybe a divide-by-zero. You should be able to figure out which security by comparing the numbers in the list with the values of the first transactions in the security's register. Hope you don't have too many securities to examine.

Regards,
John Ralls