[GNC] How to bulk import about 130 Securities entries?

flywire flywire0 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 04:25:35 EDT 2022

Jim, this overlaps with what I was putting into
https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2022-August/102404.html so
I stripped the data exchange part out. The sample data sets and references
might still be useful.

The GnuCash GUI won't import security data so in addition to what has been
mentioned that seems to leave python extensions, which I consider basically
inaccessible to users, or piecash.

Piecash has some good tutorials but they are hidden in the code repository.
I found it very easy to use and extended them in a fork but I haven't
looked at securities.

I understand the risk with piecash is there was limited GnuCash database
documentation so some of it is reverse engineered, and perhaps some of the
GnuCash data structures in code were added to make it work. Anyway, no
matter how small there is a risk it might fail in the future.