[GNC] How to bulk import about 130 Securities entries?

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Tue Aug 16 21:11:58 EDT 2022

Indeed, my apologies David. I got lost in the thread, which it seems has
now broken again (2 new messages I see are threaded separately as a new
topic) and one reply from Chris Good concerning OFX import having the
auto-creation option somehow ended up in a thread "Due Invoices Reminder
form"! So please accept my apologies for the noise.

I'm not sure why threads get broken, though I suspect that is a digest
thing. It may not even look that way to everyone. It could be
Thunderbird (my reader of choice using Gmane) could be the culprit.
(though Mail.app on my Mac did the same)

To the topic, it seems OFX *might* or should be able to autocreate
missing securities, but Jim noticed there were problems. (and his file
is CSV anyway)

I think there is some agreement here, that it would be really, really
nice if both importers could offer and properly create new securities
when importing transactions from a broker and such.

That is an interesting approach you offer. And I agree, after that much
work, it just might be saner to add them manually. If the # of
securities were really high, then maybe it would be worth the outside
effort.

Regards,
Adrien