[GNC] Saving a New Book doesn't allow format selection

john jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Aug 16 22:46:06 EDT 2022

Please remember to copy the list on all replies. Reply-all (often a double arrow pointing left) does it. Some mail programs also have a reply-list button or menu item.

We generally mean "the book" to refer to a single GnuCash file and its accounts. That comes from the name an internal data structure, but it's also a bit of accounting jargon. You've no doubt heard phrases like "book value", "booking an invoice", and of course the infamous "two sets of books" and "cooking the books".

Regards,
John Ralls