[GNC] Copy/Paste Transaction Issue

Liz Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Thu Aug 18 23:42:15 EDT 2022

On Thu, 18 Aug 2022 11:12:29 -0500
Jack Slater <theilliniguy at gmail.com> wrote:

> When I tried to Copy a transaction from an account named Checking and
> Paste to the same account at a later date, the debit amount in the
> original Withdrawal column did not appear in the pasted transaction
> but the credit amount showed up in the Deposit column??
>
> I have screen captures of both if needed.
>
> I've copy/pasted transactions before and never noticed the problem.
>
> Jack in Illinois

I have seen this happen when trying to move a transaction to another
account, for example when I entered the transaction in the cash ledger
and had really paid by card. When pasted into the card account, I would
find a deposit instead of a withdrawal.
I haven't ever taken the time to report and discuss the problem, but
learned that jumping to the Expense account involved and moving the
transaction from there was more reliable.
I have vague memories that it wasn't always like this, but I've been on
Gnucash since about V1.6 and I didn't pay attention to when this
started.
I haven't even tried it more recently to see if I can still reproduce
the problem.

Liz