[GNC] USAA OFX Direct connect stopped working

john jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun Aug 21 23:13:19 EDT 2022

> On Aug 21, 2022, at 7:54 PM, Daffy Duck <suffsuccotash at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> A while back, USAA changed their OFX stuff and there had to be a
> workaround with a PIN, etc.
>
> I did that, without a problem, but I just noticed today it has broken
> again?
>
> This is the output:
>
> AqBanking v6.5.2.0stable
> Sending jobs to the bank(s)
> Sorting commands by account
> Sorting account queues by provider
> Send commands to providers
> Send commands to provider "aqofxconnect"
> Locking customer "1299"
> Sending request...
> Connecting to server...
> Resolving hostname "df3cx-services.1fsapi.com" ...
> IP address is "45.60.151.211"
> Connecting to "df3cx-services.1fsapi.com"
> Connected to "df3cx-services.1fsapi.com"
> Using GnuTLS default ciphers.
> TLS: SSL-Ciphers negotiated: TLS1.3:ECDHE-RSA-AES-128-GCM:AEAD
> Connected.
> Sending message...
> Message sent.
> Waiting for response...
> Receiving response...
> HTTP-Status: 200 ()
> Response received.
> Disconnecting from server...
> Disconnected.
> Parsing response...
> Status for signon request: Success (Code 0, severity "INFO")
> The server successfully processed the request.
> Status for transaction statement request: General error (Code 2000,
> severity "ERROR")
> Error other than those specified by the remaining error codes. (Note:
> Servers should provide a more specific error whenever possible. Error
> code 2000 should be reserved for cases in which a more specific code is
> not available.)
> Unlocking customer "1299"
> --
>
> any ideas?

First, try again tomorrow on the off chance USAA had a server outage over the weekend. If it still fails, turn on OFX logging (see https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/AqBanking#Debugging) and capture the actual OFX response. Edit it to remove your actual account number and credentials then post it here.

Regards,
John Ralls