[GNC] Fixing incorrect Vendor for invoices

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Sun Aug 28 02:02:07 EDT 2022

On Sat, 27 Aug 2022 18:13:29 +0000
Eric Hammond <eric at jehammond.net> wrote:

> Hi Derek,
>
> So this is a "hidden" feature!
> On the unposted invoice, Billing Information panel, the Customer
> field has an "Edit..." button, which to me means I can select the
> customer. Instead, it only allows altering the Customer information.
>
> Currently the proper way is to go to the top GnuCash ribbon and
> select "Edit Invoice" which then allows the proper "Customer ...
> Select" option.
>
> This is very non-intuitive: I can't think of any reason I would want
> to edit the basic Customer information from an invoice. Possibly a
> fix for a later release?
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Eric

I had tried to alter an invoice to a different customer and found
myself with a similar problem.
Now I have all of that data under one customer and a customer entry now
called "Reuse me" for next time I have a new customer.

I see Derek said its by design, but it caught me too.
I was not aware that the menu entry "Edit Invoice" had different powers
to choosing "View/Edit Invoice" from a search panel.

Liz