[GNC] Fwd: Re: Saved Report Configurations Missing After Upgrade to v3

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 28 17:06:46 EDT 2022

Forwarding to the list...

-------- Original Message --------
From: Geert Janssens <geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be>
Sent: August 28, 2022 11:44:00 PM GMT+03:00
To: "David T." <sunfish62 at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [GNC] Saved Report Configurations Missing After Upgrade to v3

Hi Neville,

You have successfully replied to the mailing list so all users will be able to see your message
now.

I do remember that old conversation, which was about an upgrade helper script that should
run the first time you execute gnucash 3.x. For some reason this did not always happen on
Windows. To this date I still don't know why that is.

As a workaround you could also perform these upgrade steps manually by moving some
state files and the saved report configurations file to their respective new locations. You
seem to refer to the saved report configurations file and I assume you copied it to its new
location based on the conversation that happened there. That should indeed get you back
your saved reports in 3.x.

There are/were more files in the .gnucash directory that saved state for all open windows
and tabs that should have been migrated/upgraded. Bus as you are reading this older
conversation I presume they were not copied either. They are less important though. And
certainly not now any more that you have been using gnucash 3.x already. No doubt you
have already reopened registers and reports to you likings.

Regards,

Geert