[GNC] Change Linked Document Path

john murdoch johnmurdo at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 07:10:23 EDT 2022

Hello

I did a clean reinstall on windows on my PC and then reinstalled GNU
Cash. My GNUCash data file was located on a separate partition so
following reinstallation I just opened the data file with GNU and that
all worked fine. However I also had linked documents located on the
separate partition.

My problem now is that GNU looks for the attached document in the
windows document folder on the C Drive. I have tried editing the
preferences in GNU to point to the correct location of the documents
on the alternate partition but this doesn't automatically link to the
document.

I can then manually link each document by using  the "manage document
link" function on the right click menu in the account field of GNU
cash. That  of course will be quite tedious and I was enquiring if
there is a "global fix" so that all files could be re-linked in one
procedure? Perhaps editing settings or the system registry?

I did try a feature as per the attached screenshot without any success.

--

John Murdoch