[GNC] "Deleted" Invoices or Bills

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Wed Aug 31 20:35:38 EDT 2022

They remain forever. (There was a decent explanation as to why recently
on IRC - the short of it is that deleting them cleanly is simply too
messy with the current code.)

My workflow in such cases is to change their ID to 'use next'. You can
either create a dummy vendor/customer for them as well, or just leave
them as-is since you can re-assign the vendor/customer before posting.

When I want to start a new bill/invoice, I do a find for 'use next' IDs,
but that is pretty rare now as I just duplicate a previous document and
edit from there. (and I don't think I have any 'use next' documents left
anyway.)

Regards,
Adrien