[GNC] can't create a transaction report

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Thu Dec 1 21:05:20 EST 2022

Sometimes Check & Repair can take a while, some folks have reported an
hour or more in rare cases. It has always been a second or two for me.

-----

Usually when apps close unexpectedly like that, your Mac will generate a
Crash Report and show it on screen. (and give you the option to relaunch
the app or give up)

Does this not happen?

If not, after such a crash, you can open Console.app and try to see if
there are any Crash Reports for GnuCash.

If you find one (or more most likely) then open a bug report at
bugs.gnucash.org describing the issue in as much detail as possible.
(specific steps to reproduce the crash) Then attach the latest Crash
Report to the bug report. One of the developers will see it and
investigate the cause. No guarantees on how soon they'll do so, or how
fast they can fix it, but I've been very impressed with their response
in the past. The aren't fond of bugs. They like crashes even less.

Attaching the TraceFile might help too, as well as copy/pasting or
attaching any output you get when running from the Terminal.app

-----

And yes, Terminal is an app like a DOS screen. You can find it in
Launchpad as Terminal.app.

Instructions for running GnuCash from the terminal can be found on the
GnuCash wiki, as are instructions for finding the TraceFile.

-----

Since you reported that it was working in one version, but you had
problems after the update/move, be sure to note the respective versions
and what MacOS version you were running with each.

Regards,
Adrien