[GNC] Stock spinoff

Geoff cleanoutmyshed at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 19:47:54 EST 2022

Hi Fred

First up you need more details on this transaction to determine the
exact nature of the spin-off, the valuations, and whether ABC treated it
as a dividend, capital reduction, or combination of both.  Was there a
cash payment as well?  Any fractional shares involved?  Were capital
gains/losses crystallised or carried forward?

ABC should have sent you information about this, otherwise Google it.

You may find this article helpful:-
https://www.henssler.com/spin-offs/

Once you have all the details, we can suggest how to record it in GnuCash.

Regards

Geoff
=====