[GNC] New user: how to migrate Quicken checking account as a single, flat, checking account

Scott Traurig scott.traurig at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 10:44:41 EST 2022

Hi all:

New user questions follow, I'm afraid...

I have no trouble following the directions in the wiki for migrating from
Quicken. I made the QIF file, imported it into GnuCash, and watched it very
unhelpfully create 100 different accounts. The instructions do mentions
this, and it's ability to match against Quicken categories is impressive,
but it's not what I desire.

In Quicken this account is a simple, flat, checking account. How can I take
the 100 separate accounts and represent them in a simple, flat, single
checking account register? Is there no way to do this?

Thanks,

Scott