[GNC] New user: how to migrate Quicken checking account as a single, flat, checking account

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 13:24:53 EST 2022

Scott,

If I understand correctly, what you expected was a chart of accounts with
one asset account for checking and all other accounts lumped under
expenses.  Maybe one account for income.

You should be able to get to that result with an import from Quicken  but
it may take some or perhaps a lot of manipulation depending on the
condition of your source.  You don't really need to reduce all the expense
accounts into one because they are already collected under the single top
account called Expense.

Good luck