[GNC] Reconciling credit card

Mahon Finbar mahon.finbar at neuf.fr
Fri Dec 9 10:58:34 EST 2022

Hi,
I am sure this is explained somewhere, but I haven't been able to find a
simple explanation.

I have a register of transactions in an a/c called credit card.

I enter the data from the monthly statement, allocating them to various
expenses and enter the monthly payment from a bank account.

[In my naivety]?? I assumed that when I enter the monthly payment the
a/c will reflect the 'net' situation, i.e. the balance of current
transactions less the latest payment.

I seemed to be motoring along ok until a while ago when everything in
the balance column ended up -ve!!

Typically a se of entries looked like this -

but now it looks like this -

Obviously I have been doing something wrong or have created an error.

But what??

Finbar