[GNC] Installing or updating Finance::Quote

aeg aeg21212-forum at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 9 12:40:40 EST 2022

I've started this thread separately from "[GNC] getting price quotes" (from which I gained helpful advice last week), as it's a more specific problem I now face.
Following the advice from David H and others last week, I eventually decided to upgrade from GC version 3.5 to 4.12, in the hope that it would automatically install the latest version of Finance::Quote and enable me to resume downloading stock prices again. I'm using Windows 10 and the previously installed version of F::Q was 1.47, which had worked without problems until the first week of November.
The upgrade to GC v4.12 turned out to be more straightforward than I'd previously feared, but I then found that F::Q was still on 1.47, and attempts to update or run "Install OnlinePrice Retrieval for Gnucash" from the Start menu have been unsuccessful, so I'm hoping someone can point me in the direction of a solution.
I should add that, prior to the GC update, I installed the latest version of Strawberry Perl (v5.32.1), after first removing the previous version (v5.18.2).
Regards,Alan