[GNC] Transaction Report << offline >>

rovero at comcast.net rovero at comcast.net
Fri Dec 9 14:44:57 EST 2022

I solved my problem.
I created a new TYPE bank account named it expense.
Imported all my transactions from the TYPE A/payable account that was causing my issue to the new TYPE bank account expense.
When I did the import the dollar amount import went in as a credit/withdraw.
Created transaction report with two accounts: My Type bank income and My Type bank expense.
Set reverse option to credit accounts.
I now have all the transactions in the expense account that show as a negative dollars and the total of them as a negative dollars.

I may not be using GNUCash the correct way but it works for my needs.
My intent was to set the two accounts sort of like a checking account.
All my deposits would go to income account and all my withdrawals would come out of my expense account.
Since the expense account started with a zero balance it would always have a negative balance that would continue to grow as transactions where added as credit/withdrawal.
Since the income account started with a zero balance it would always have a positive balance that would continue to grow as transactions where added as debit/deposit.
The transaction report was to simply show all the expense transactions and all the income transactions, and then to show the Grand Total as Income minus Expense ( i.e balance)

Thanks Everyone For the help provided
Joe