[GNC] URGENT: Fake gnucash website with fake download, most likely compromised file

Dr. David Kirkby drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Mon Dec 12 07:48:34 EST 2022

I reported this to compliance_abuse at webnic.cc, as that's the registrar
abuse contact email. I have sent them screenshots showing the URL, so I'm
not sure why they are asking for that. But their latest response is below.
Given it's an open-source project I don't suppose there's any trademark,
and don't suppose anyone has a letter of authorization

Any suggestions on the best response?

Dave

===

*Dear Team,*

*Greetings.*

*Kindly provide us the following documents for our further checking:*

   - *Screen capture (Please include the reported url in the screen
   capture)*
   - *Trademark IP document *
   -
*Letter of Authorization (LOA) *

* Should you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us. Thank
you. Warm Regards,SupportWebNIC*