[GNC] Can someone confirm if this split transaction is correct?

Dr. David Kirkby drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Mon Dec 12 08:21:59 EST 2022

I am finally getting to understand this program a bit better, and are
entering my company accounts. I just want to check if this looks right for
a PayPal transaction for £906, where fees were £38.26. I'm a bit puzzled
where there seems to be two split transactions, both showing the same
information. Is this to be expected? The result looks right

Assets -> PayPal -> GBP  shows  the expected £906 - £38.26  =  £867.74
and
Expenses -> Fees -> PayPal fees
shows the expected  £38.26

Given a simple transaction has two splits, how many should this have?

Dr David Kirkby Ph.D
Email: drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk Web:
https://www.kirkbymicrowave.co.uk/
Kirkby Microwave Ltd (Tel 01621-680100 / +44 1621-680100)
Stokes Hall Lodge, Burnham Rd, Chelmsford, Essex, CM3 6DT.