[GNC] HOw do I get rid of broken invoices?

Mattia Rizzolo mattia at mapreri.org
Mon Dec 12 11:45:04 EST 2022

On Mon, Dec 12, 2022 at 10:31:42AM -0600, steven stern wrote:
> Without changing any account balances...
>
> See https://i.imgur.com/GpKSbid.png
>
> I have old invoices that were underpaid and I just want this warning gone.
> What happened, happened.  How do I get this reminder to go away?  I cannot
> currently edit these invoices.

It depends on the regulations that governs whatever business you have,
but those are pretty much bad debts, and if you want to write-off those
you'd "pay" them against an Expenses account.

I.e.

Dr.  Expenses:Write-Offs  0.01
Cr.  Assets:AP:USD        0.01

See https://www.gnucash.org/docs/v4/C/gnucash-help/busnss-ar-payment1.html#busnss-ar-baddebt
And also similar mailing list threads like
https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2021-March/095696.html

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo