[GNC] Installing or updating Finance::Quote

aeg aeg21212-forum at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 12 14:22:47 EST 2022

 UPDATE
With thanks to those who advised me on this problem, I've finally managed to install the latest version of Finance::Quote and get it working. It wasn't as straightforward as I'd expected, and I ended up reinstalling Perl a couple of times in case that was the problem, but it turns out that the Start menu item “Install Online Price Retrieval for Gnucash” proved unreliable, as did the use of cmd command 'gnc-fq-update', and after several unsuccessful attempts, I searched the internet and found a very useful step-by-step guide that helped me achieve a successful outcome.
In case anyone else faces similar problems with installing Finance::Quote, this is how I did it:
Following additional guidance from https://learn.perl.org/installing/windows.html, I carried out the following steps:
Uninstall old version of Strawberry PerlDownload and install the latest version of Strawberry Perl.Install App::cpanminus by typing 'cpan App::cpanminus' into cmd  Install Finance::Quote by typing 'cpanm Finance::Quote' into cmd

I rebooted the computer between each stage, just in case that helped, and GnuCash now shows the latest version of Finance::Quote and downloads stock prices as it used to.
Regards,AlanG