[GNC] Can someone confirm if this split transaction is correct?

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Mon Dec 12 16:49:47 EST 2022

At Mon, 12 Dec 2022 15:12:55 -0600 (CST) Mark Penner <mrpenner at mailbox.org> wrote:

> Dec 12, 2022 14:39:13 Dr. David Kirkby <drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk>:
>
> > So at one point your PayPal account has the full amount, then you split
> > that, so the fees are removed?
>
> When you process payment, you'll get a transaction like:
> Debit  Paypal: 906
> Credit A/R: 906
>
> Edit that transaction by subtracting the fee from the amount debited to
> PayPal and make a debit to Fees. The transaction should then look
> something like:
> Debit  Paypal: 867.74
> Debit Fees: 38.26
> Credit A/R: 906

I just add two lines to the transaction split:

PayPal (debit) <fee amount>
Service charge (credit) <fee ammount>

The result is a split transaction: PayPal increases by the total payment, the
accounts receivables decreases by the total payment, PayPal decreases by the
fee and service charges increase by the fee.  The *net* is PayPal increases by
the payment less the fee, accounts receivables decreases by the total payment,
and service charges increases by the fee.

> Mark

Robert Heller             -- Cell: 413-658-7953 GV: 978-633-5364